The tape's not so red any more...

Well, we all blame the tight red tape wound around any government office, but I had it untied at some places to get my learners’ license made today.
The guy I know, or rather my mum does, came beaming towards me as soon as I got to the place. He took care of all the discrepancies in my application form, and gave me a few dry runs at the ‘test’ you have to take to get the license. After doing it about three times, the questions started repeating themselves; in seven tries I told him that I was ready for the real thing.
Two minutes and a whopping Rs410 later, I had my license. But 400 bucks is a lot. Inflation, they say these days. What the hell are the economists and politicians and stuff doing? We engineers are doing our jobs pretty well. At least, I am. Or at least I think I am after starting that project. Hell I feel proud of myself. I found a path. It is, I admit, long and winding, but a road is a road.
This has never happened to me before. I mean I never wrote arbit stuff like this. Maybe I’m catching the blogging fever. Or whatever the hell they call it. It’s sort of addictive. But hey, I can brag about being an addict now and make that an excuse to stay shabby. ‘Cos baby, shabby is the way to be… uh huh…

2 comments :: The tape's not so red any more...

  1. lolzzzz...
    i guess u caught the blogging mania :p
    but still try to keep up the kind of "extravagant" posts u used to post sumday :)

  2. the blogging fever is a wonderful fever to catch ;) n mind u.. u drove a car.. i didnt, n yet i got my license ;0
    nice blog! (n ya.. id like mine to be added n that.. "visit these too list ;)".. if am privileged enuf of course ;)